Volunteers bring a different perspective to the hospice team, and they hold a very special place in our hearts. It takes a very compassionate, loving person to work in this particular field, and we treasure those that are willing to devote their time to helping patients and their families in such a difficult phase of life. There are numerous ways one could help our organization, and play a large role in improving the quality of life for our patients.
Here are some ways you can help:
- Activities at Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Bake for various events
- Make arts and crafts for patients
- Visit veterans that faithfully served our country
- Mild office work
- Special Occasion visits, such as holidays and birthdays
- Sit with patients to provide caregiver relief
- Visit patients to provide companionship and socialization
- Complete tasks for patients that they are unable to do, such as painting their nails or doing “handyman” work around their home
We spend time with each volunteer, going through trainings and other ways to prepare someone to be a part of a hospice team. If you are interested in being part of a wonderful organization, please call the Volunteer Coordinator, Bridgette Hulsey at 256-467-3568 for more information.